Help visitors discover the Mackenzie King Estate. Our team of volunteers lead activities in the family area, helping to animate the site for visitors.
Description of volunteer position
Title: Volunteer at the Mackenzie King Estate
Location: Mackenzie King Estate, in Gatineau Park
Under the supervision of the NCC team, volunteers are responsible for leading activities in the family area, such as craft making and various workshops. Tasks include providing logistical support in preparing activities proposed by the NCC.
The activities take place outdoors, as well as indoors in a designated cottage. The NCC will provide the necessary equipment for leading the workshops.
Commitment and schedule
Activities at the Estate are offered from 11 am to 4 pm, on Saturdays and Sundays, from late June to early September.
Work shifts are five hours. Volunteers must able to commit to a minimum of four shifts.
The schedule is determined in advance by the NCC, in collaboration with the volunteers. Volunteers must also attend an introductory meeting.
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be bilingual (English and French)
- Have a means of travelling to and from the Estate
- Have facilitation skills
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and be able to attest to your vaccination status
- Familiarity with Gatineau Park’s mandate
- Familiarity with the history of the Mackenzie King Estate
- First aid certificate
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.