Together, we aim to build a capital that better reflects the values of all Canadians. Local residents and Canadians from across the country can get involved in NCC initiatives in the following ways:
- participate in public consultations, in-person and online
- attend or watch Urbanism Lab events
- volunteer on different projects and activities
The NCC facilitates public engagement for all Canadians to give them the opportunity to share their thoughts on our projects and plans.
Public consultations and community engagement are part of the NCC’s commitment to openness and transparency.
The NCC’s Urbanism Lab is an innovative space where Canadians and leaders in urbanism, design, heritage and conservation, sustainability, and placemaking get together to inspire the future of Canada’s Capital Region.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to share your enthusiasm and contribute to building an exceptional capital for all Canadians. We’re looking for dynamic volunteers to contribute to our goal of making Canada’s Capital Region a source of national pride and meaning for Canadians.
Indigenous peoples have a long history in the National Capital Region. This is and must continue to be a defining element of the Capital.
Sign up for one or more of our newsletters
- Rules and Etiquette
- Corporate Administrative Policies And Procedures Public Engagement - 2010
- Renewal of the NCC's Sustainable Development Strategy
- 2018 Annual Public Meeting
- Public consultation report June/July 2018 - Review of the Capital Pathway Strategic Plan
- Public consultation report October 2018 - Exploring new uses for the monastery lands
- Public Consultation Report - Portage Bridge