The Sustainable Development Strategy, 2018–2023 sets out the NCC’s role in creating a greener and more sustainable National Capital Region.
The latest annual report on the strategy shows steady progress, with positive indicators on 31 of the 36 planned actions.
About the strategy
The strategy is our road map to building a greener and healthier Capital Region that will thrive for generations to come. As such, it will help guide everything we do.
Although the strategy has a regional focus, it aligns with three important federal and international initiatives:
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- Greening Government Strategy
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
The strategy was approved by the NCC Board of Directors in September 2018.
Your input helps us shape priorities and support the implementation of the strategy. Share your thoughts with our team in the box below.
- 2018-2023 Sustainable Development Strategy (4.09 MB)
- 2020-2021 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (4.649 MB)
- 2019-2020 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (4.551 MB)
- 2018-2019 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (9.088 MB)
- 2009-2017 - Final Report - Building a Greener Capital (1.304 MB)