The Sustainable Development Strategy outlines the NCC's role in creating a greener, healthier and more sustainable National Capital Region. It is our roadmap and our commitment to present and future generations.
About the strategy
The NCC Board of directors approved the Strategy in September 2018.
It has 36 actions to be implemented by 2023. To get there, we need to be innovative and improve the way we do business. The latest annual report on the strategy shows steady progress, with positive results for 34 of the 36 actions.
The measures are grouped according to the following objectives:
- Effective action on climate change
- Low-Carbon Government
- Modern and resilient infrastructure
- Clean energy
- Pristine lakes and rivers
- Sustainably managed lands and forests
- Healthy wildlife populations
- Sustainable food
- Connecting Canadians with nature
- Safe and healthy communities
The strategy also has six principles defining how to implement the actions.
We are currently working on the next version of the Strategy, which will cover the period from April 1, 2024, to March 31, 2028. This new version will be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval in the summer of 2023.
Sustainability is a shared responsibility. Share your ideas and comments with us!
- 2018-2023 Sustainable Development Strategy (4.09 MB)
- 2021-2022 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (5.274 MB)
- 2020-2021 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (4.649 MB)
- 2019-2020 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (4.551 MB)
- 2018-2019 - Annual Report - Sustainable Development Strategy (9.088 MB)
- 2009-2017 - Final Report - Building a Greener Capital (1.304 MB)