Share your love of the outdoors by volunteering in Gatineau Park.
Our teams of volunteers patrol Gatineau Park trails, and offer first-line assistance, by providing visitor information and first aid.
Title: Volunteer patroller
Location: Gatineau Park
Under the supervision of the volunteer team leader, the volunteer will patrol the trails, answer questions from the public and promote the rules in effect in Gatineau Park. Tasks include providing first aid, offering assistance to Park users, reporting on the condition of facilities and trails, and maintain contact with Park staff, as needed.
Tasks are performed outdoors and require the appropriate clothing and equipment. The NCC will provide the necessary tools: volunteer vest, radio, first aid kit, season pass and so on.
Commitment and schedule
It is possible to join the patrol team for one or two seasons, as desired. Patrol shifts are usually for seven hours during the daytime, on Saturdays and Sundays.
The patrol schedule is established in advance by the NCC, in collaboration with the volunteers. Volunteers must also attend in the introductory meeting, take part in a preseason simulation exercise or training or both.
- 18 years of age or older
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Have a means of travelling to and from Gatineau Park
- Able to travel several kilometres on cross-country skis, snowshoes or fat bike, in winter, and hike or bike that distance in the fall.
- Able to patrol the Park in varying weather conditions
- Have a first aid certificate (CPR, level C)