Share your love of the great outdoors by volunteering in Gatineau Park. Our teams of volunteers patrol the trails of Gatineau Park, providing information, first aid and general assistance.
- Patrol trails
- Serve as information officers, and promote Park rules on trail use
- Provide first aid to people in need of medical assistance
- Offer assistance to visitors who experience problems
- Monitor the conditions of trails and trail-related facilities, and produce patrol reports
- be 18 years of age or older
- be bilingual (English and French)
- be certified in first aid and CPR
- have your own means of transportation
It is possible to join the patrol for one or two seasons, as desired.
- be available for at least 8 days, every second weekend, on Saturdays or Sundays, from 9 am to 5 pm
- have a general knowledge of the park and its trails
Fall (late August to late October)
- be available for at least five days, Saturdays or Sundays, from 9 am to 5 pm
We asked a volunteer to talk about his experience. Read the story of Daniel Chamberlain, a Gatineau Park patroller.