Help maintain Maplelawn Garden, a haven of tranquility and a National Historic Site in Ottawa. Join the Friends of Maplelawn Garden, a group of volunteers who have been preserving and maintaining Maplelawn Garden since 1993.
Volunteer period: April to October
- Work in flower beds, according to the established plan
- Weeding, deadheading, replanting, etc.
- On occasion, gardeners may also have the opportunity to offer interpretation and guided tours of the garden, if they wish to do so.
- be able to work in difficult conditions (i.e. heat)
- be at least 16 years of age
- have some knowledge of gardening or be willing to learn
- be available on Sundays
- Knowledge of the history and horticulture of the garden
- Good communication skills