The area has 5.5 kilometres of trails for hiking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. In winter, the toboggan hill provides fun for the whole family.
- Green’s Creek is a fragile ecological nature corridor connecting the Ottawa River to the Mer Bleue Conservation Area of Canada’s Capital Greenbelt. Please follow the principles of outdoor ethics.
- Dogs and other pets on leash are permitted year-round on the Greenbelt Pathway East. In winter, dogs are not allowed on any Greenbelt trails. When on the Capital Pathway, please be considerate and share the path.
Points of interest
Green’s Creek Toboggan Hill
Pack up the family, and head out to the Green’s Creek Toboggan Hill. This snowy hill is the best in the Ottawa region, and will surely thrill both young and young at heart.
Natural lookouts along trails 61 and 63 offer striking views of Green’s Creek Valley. These lookouts and trails are not universally accessible.
- Parking: Free, year-round parking is available at parking lots P27 and P26.
- Washrooms: There is an outhouse near parking lot P27, by the Ottawa River Pathway.
- Universal accessibility: The Greenbelt Pathway East is universally accessible. Trails 61 and 63 are not.
- Hours, directions, maps and planning tools
About Green's Creek
The steep, forested slopes of Green’s Creek, and the narrow, clay-based flood plain provide an important wildlife corridor. This corridor extends south from the Ottawa River to inland habitats, and crosses developed agricultural and urban lands. The creek also supports a wide variety of provincially and regionally rare species, including probably the largest Canadian population of the rare cattail sedge.
Did you know that this area’s unique geology is a result of postglacial deposits from the ancient Champlain Sea?
Other nearby activities
Scenic bike rides
Enjoy cycling on the Greenbelt Pathway East, which connects to the Ottawa River Pathway. The view from here is gorgeous, and sunset rides capture the fresh breeze off the river.
With 4.6 kilometres for seasonal outdoor activities, the Greenbelt Pathway East will eventually connect to the pathway’s western section. When completed, the pathway will extend across the entire Greenbelt.
Greenbelt farms nearby
Visit a Greenbelt farm while in the area. The Orleans Fruit Farm is located mere minutes from the Green’s Creek Toboggan Hill. They offer pick-your-own strawberries, raspberries and apples. You can also visit their farm store for seasonal vegetables and other fruits.
In the southern area of Green’s Creek, the Just Food Farm, a fully certified organic farm, offers many fruits and vegetables at their farm stand.
Some Greenbelt farmers offer events year-round. Find out more in our Farms to visit section.