Have your say!
Respond to our survey on this year’s edition of Open NCC. The survey should take approximately five minutes to complete.
What today is known as Confederation Boulevard is the expression of a bold idea championed by many through the decades. Explore the Capital’s ceremonial and discovery route by bike and see some of the nation’s most important sites and institutions.
Our experts will guide you through the boulevard’s key components and tell you about our plans for the future. Check out the bike tour map below or view the map online.
About the tour
This cycling tour will take place primarily on paved off-road pathways, at a leisurely pace appropriate for novice cyclists. It is not wheelchair accessible and is best suited for people over 12 years of age who are comfortable riding a bike.
- 10 am to 11:30 am: English session
- 10:30 am to 12 pm: French session
- 1 pm to 2:30 pm: English session
- 1:30 pm to 3 pm: French session
NCC Headquarters, 40 Elgin Street, Ottawa, K1P 5C6. Outside of the main entrance.
This site is accessible by car, active mobility and public transportation. There is free street parking nearby, as well as paid parking at the National Arts Centre, City Hall and nearby municipal lots. Unsupervised bicycle racks are available on the street.
Good to know
Bring your own bicycle, helmet and water bottle. You can also rent a bike at:
- Escape Bicycle Tours, located at 65 Sparks Street, Ottawa, K1P 5A5.
- Ottawa Bike Café, located at 79 Sparks Street, Ottawa, K1P 5A5.
- RentABike, located at 2 Rideau Street, Ottawa, K1N 8X5 (under the bridge, beside the Rideau Canal).
There are public washrooms at Major’s Hill Park where the tour ends.