The Visitor Centre has now reopened for information services and the sale of trail maps. The washrooms, exhibits, lunch room and meeting room remain closed until further notice.
Health and safety guidelines
- Keep a minimum distance of two metres from others.
- Wear a mask or face covering over your mouth and nose.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Follow ground markers and traffic flow indicators.
- If you are sick of experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
If you have never visited Gatineau Park, the best place to start is the Visitor Centre, located in Old Chelsea. Our information officers are on-site to provide tips and advice and to help you plan your visit.
You’ll also find passes, maps and souvenirs for sale, or you can take part in a guided tour. You may also like to take a few minutes to visit the interactive permanent exhibition on the Park’s ecosystems, its intriguing history and the conservation efforts being made to protect and preserve it.
- Washroom and drinking fountain
- Lunch room
- Lynx meeting room (reservation required)
- Snowshoe rentals
- Lost and found
- Pay phone
- Free parking
Gatineau Park’s administrative offices and the Friends of Gatineau Park’s office are also located at the Visitor Centre. The building is universally accessible.
Things to explore nearby
The Sugarbush Shelter (10 am to 4 pm), behind the Visitor Centre, has a wood stove, tables and a waxing table. Outside are picnic tables and an accessible outhouse. It is the starting point for a few trails:
- Sugarbush Trail (short, easy and accessible), a nice walk through the forest any time of year
- Trail 1, a shared trail for hiking and mountain biking in summer, and cross-country skiing in winter
- Snowshoe trails 60 and 61, two short loops with a total distance of just over two kilometres
After your stop at the Visitor Centre, take a walk into the village of Chelsea. Its cafés, ice cream shops, boutiques and spa are sure to charm you.
Visitor Centre Hours
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm
Closed on December 25
Extended hours from December 26, 2020 to January 3, 2021: 9 am to 5 pm