The cleared pathways run along the following streets :
- Colonel By Drive (south of Laurier Bridge to Hog's Back)
- Queen Elizabeth Driveway (south of Laurier Bridge to Dows Lake)
Snow removal is also done on the following :
- Alexandra Bridge boardwalk (by the City of Ottawa)
- De l'Île Pathway, from Saint-Rédempteur Street to Laurier Street (by the Ville de Gatineau)
- Winter Cycling Pilot Project 2019-2020 (in partnership with the City of Ottawa and the Ville de Gatineau)
- The Portage Bridge bike lane and section of Voyageurs Pathway to Laval Street
- St. Patrick St. bike lane
Why aren't more pathways cleared of snow ?
- Most of our pathways remain accessible for people to practise winter activities, such as snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- The NCC's budget and resources for its pathways are limited, considering the high cost of snow removal.
- Snow removal operations reduce the life cycle of recreational pathways, and cause additional wear and tear.
Working with the cities
The City of Ottawa and Ville de Gatineau provide snow removal services for the NCC. For additional information, visit :