The Rideau Canal Skateway stretches 7.8 km from Ottawa’s downtown core to Dows Lake.
Light rail transit (O-Train) stations and parking areas — free and paid — are located near the Skateway. Launch the interactive map for detailed locations and additional information (zoom in for more details).
Use OC Transpo (Ottawa) or STO (Gatineau) travel planners to create your itinerary to the Rideau Canal Skateway.
On weekends, from January 31 to February 17, 2020, and on Family Day (February 17), OC Transpo and the STO offer a free shuttle bus service between official Winterlude sites, including the Rideau Canal Skateway.
- World Exchange Plaza (free on weekends)
- Ottawa City Hall (free on weekdays, 6 pm to 6 am, and on weekends and holidays)
- Rideau Centre
- National Arts Centre (50 metres from the NAC access ramp)
- Ottawa City Hall (paid parking on weekdays, 6 am to 6 pm )
- University of Ottawa campus, parking lot K
- Intersection of Cooper and Cartier streets
- Intersection of O’Connor Street and Pretoria Avenue
- Lansdowne Park
- Carleton University campus, P5, P6 A-B, P7
- Bronson Avenue (60 metres from the Bronson Avenue access ramp)
- Dows Lake
- World Exchange Plaza (paid parking on weekdays)