About the Moore Farm
The Moore Farm stable was built in phases, and completed in 1910. Featuring ornamental gables and a central cupola, the H-shaped building—recently restored by the NCC—is a rare example of the lavish Queen Anne Revival style as it was applied to agricultural buildings.
Pioneers cleared the land for farming here in the early 19th century. In the 1950s, the farm became an equestrian centre. In 1973, Virginia Parker-Moore bequeathed the 12-hectare (30-acre) estate to the NCC. It was designated a Government of Canada Recognized Federal Heritage Building in 1991.