- The parkway network is now closed to motor vehicles for the season, which means that some starting points are no longer accessible by car.
- Please respect trail closures, and turn around if trails are muddy: walking on muddy trails can cause erosion and trail widening.
Year-round dog walking
You can walk your leashed dog on the following trails at any time of year:
- Sugarbush Trail (Chelsea)
- Lauriault Trail (Mackenzie King Estate)
- Pioneers Trail (Hull sector of Gatineau)
- Capital Pathway (Hull sector of Gatineau)
April 15 to November 30
You can walk your leashed pet on most marked, officially recognized trails from April 15 to November 30. The only exceptions are the three trails (10 kilometres) where dogs are not permitted at anytime.
No dogs or pets
Three Gatineau Park trails are in areas that have fragile ecosystems. In order to conserve and protect these ecosystems, dogs are not permitted on these trails:
Also, dogs are not permitted at Gatineau Park beaches, picnic areas and campgrounds.
This restriction does not apply to people accompanied by service dogs.