The NCC is undertaking rehabilitation work at Jacques-Cartier Park South, as the park was damaged following major events.
The restoration and cleanup of the park, which will ensure that the park meets all public health and safety standards, requires the full closure of the park.
Process and timeline
Spring 2020 (completed)
- Excavation and levelling of the ground, and screening of the soil
- Replacement of visible surfaces (lawn, paved paths, parking lot)
- Repair of damaged infrastructure
Fall 2020 (completed)
Spring 2021 (completed)
- Reopening of the Voyageurs Pathway in Jacques-Cartier Park South
- Installation of fencing around lawn areas
- Removal of fencing and complete reopening of the park
This project is part of the NCC’s major infrastructure projects made possible with the Government of Canada’s $52.4-million investment from the 2020 federal budget.