About 150 Middle Street and Its Stone Annex
The building was previously the head office of the Bronson Company, a family business that pioneered sawmilling in the area. In the late 19th century, the company converted to the production of pulp and hydroelectric power.
The building that previously stood here was heavily damaged in the fire of 1900. The present building, constructed shortly after the fire, has a fireproof design. The Bronson Company closed in 1949, and the NCC acquired the house and stone annex in 1966. The building was designated a Recognized Federal Heritage Building in 1991.