The Sustainable Development Strategy lists 36 actions to be completed by 2023.
We’ve grouped them under the following 10 goals:
- We will promote low-impact transportation and development projects, and help the region adapt to climate change.
- We will reduce our carbon footprint and the amount of waste created on lands we manage.
- We will improve the ability of lands and buildings we manage to withstand and recover from environmental impacts.
- We will use energy from renewable sources.
- We will protect and restore shorelines on NCC-managed lands.
- We will plant trees, control the spread of invasive species and protect natural habitats on NCC-managed lands.
- We will protect wildlife and wildlife habitat on NCC-managed lands.
- We will support eco-friendly agricultural practices and local food production on NCC-managed lands.
- We will make our green spaces more accessible, and educate people about nature and conservation on NCC-managed lands.
- We will remove pollutants from NCC-managed lands, and prevent pollution by reviewing our use of pesticides.