Last updated on: June 28, 2021
We all need to be able to enjoy safe and healthy outdoor exercise. To that end, NCC parks and lands remain accessible to the public, provided that people follow public health directives.
The NCC’s preventive measures stated below are in place for all its assets, at all times.
We encourage all users of NCC parkways, pathways and trails to carefully review and comply with the latest guidelines from their local and provincial health authorities.
- Ottawa Public Health
- Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de l’Outaouais
- Government of Quebec
- Government of Ontario
With everyone’s cooperation and compliance, we can all safely enjoy the outdoors.
At all times
If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, are waiting for test results or have tested positive, stay home and follow isolation guidelines.
Stay at least two metres (six feet) apart from those outside your household, even if you are wearing a mask or face covering.
Wear a mask or face covering where required, or when physical distancing is not possible. Have your mask with you at all times.
|Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly, especially before touching your face. Have hand sanitizer with you at all times.|
|Follow directional signage.|
Download the COVID Alert app.
All Greenbelt parking lots are open, except P24 (Carlsbad Springs).
NCC urban parks, lands and parkways
NCC Weekend Bikedays, presented by Nokia
Every weekend from May to October, the NCC opens parkways in Ottawa for active use, from 8 am to 4 pm. In 2021, the program will run on Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway from May 1 to October 11 (Thanksgiving), inclusively.
- Queen Elizabeth Driveway is open exclusively for active seven from Fifth Avenue to Somerset Street, 7 days a week, 8 am to 8 pm, from May 3 to June 30.
- Colonel By Drive will be open exclusively for active use from Daly Avenue to Canal Woods Terrace, at all times, from July 1 to September 6.
Parking: All Ontario urban parking lots are open.
- Visitor Centre: Open. The washroom, lunchroom and exhibition remain closed.
- Parkways Schedule: The Champlain, Gatineau, Fortune Lake and Mackenzie King parkways are open to motor vehicle traffic on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 1 pm to 30 minutes after sunset. They are otherwise open exclusively for active use as part of a pilot project.
- Parking lots schedule: Parking lots are open.
- Day shelters: Open on a first-come, first-served basis (10 people or three households at a time). Accessible at all times for emergencies.
- Camping: Group campsites are closed.
NCC urban parks and lands
All Quebec urban parking lots are open.