Giveaway Dates and Eligibility
A series of three giveaways is being organized by the National Capital Commission (hereinafter referred to as “the NCC”).
All giveaways will be held in Canada.
- Giveaway 1: Starting on Saturday, October 9, 2021, at 8 am (EDT), and ending Monday, October 11, 2021, at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- Giveaway 2: Starting on Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 8 am (EDT), and ending Monday, October 18, 2021, at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- Giveaway 3: Starting on Saturday, October 23, 2021, at 8 am (EDT), and ending Monday, October 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm (EDT)
These giveaways are open to residents of Canada who are 16 years of age or older at the time they enter the giveaway and who have an Instagram account.
For any participant who has not reached the age of majority, a parent or guardian consent is necessary to enter the contest. Where appropriate, the terms “participant” and “winner” mean the parent or guardian of that person.
Employees, representatives or agents of the NCC, or of any of the NCC’s prize-donating partners, as well as the people who reside with these aforementioned persons, are not eligible to participate in the giveaway.
No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaways.
- Participants must follow the NCC Instagram account (@ncc_ccn).
- Participants must like the NCC Instagram giveaway post.
- Participants must comment on the NCC Instagram giveaway post.
- Giveaway 1: One winner will receive a $50.00 voucher for the Remic Rapids Park Bistro, two $50.00 gift vouchers to purchase items at participating Greenbelt farms, and a Greenbelt All-Seasons Trail Map. The total retail value of the prize is $155.00.
- Giveaway 2: One winner will receive a $50.00 voucher for the Patterson Creek Park Bistro, two $50.00 gift vouchers to purchase items at participating Greenbelt farms, and a Greenbelt All-Seasons Trail Map. The total retail value of the prize is $155.00.
- Giveaway 3: One winner will receive a $50.00 voucher for the Confederation Park Bistro, two $50.00 gift vouchers to purchase items at participating Greenbelt farms, and a Greenbelt All-Seasons Trail Map. The total retail value of the prize is $155.00.
The winners are responsible for any additional expenses not mentioned above that are related to the use or claiming of the prize (such as transportation and shipping). If a portion of the prize is not used for any reason beyond the NCC’s control, no compensation will be provided to the winner.
Selection of the Prize Winner
The winner will be drawn at random from among all participants who meet all three participation requirements.
- Giveaway 1: The NCC will draw the winner in Ottawa on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, and will notify them on the same day via their Instagram account.
- Giveaway 2: The NCC will draw the winner in Ottawa on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, and will notify them on the same day via their Instagram account.
- Giveaway 3: The NCC will draw the winner in Ottawa on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, and will notify them on the same day via their Instagram account.
Awarding of the Prize
In order for the winner to be awarded the prize package, they must fulfill the following requirements.
- The participant must respond to the message from the NCC by the limit date (see below). The participant may reply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giveaway 1: Must respond before Friday, October 15, 2021, at 5 pm (EDT).
- Giveaway 2: Must respond before Friday, October 22, 2021, at 5 pm (EDT).
- Giveaway 3: Must respond before Friday, October 29, 2021, at 5 pm (EDT).
- The participant will be asked by an NCC staff member to confirm eligibility and to provide relevant information (i.e. mailing address) in order for the prize package to be sent.
- To be declared a winner, the participant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
Failure to comply with any of these above-mentioned conditions or any other condition contained in this document will result in the disqualification of the participant. A new winner will then be selected in accordance with the present set of rules.
Odds of Winning
The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received over the duration of the giveaway.
Entries May Be Disqualified
The NCC reserves the right to disqualify any individual attempting to enter through means that do not comply with giveaway regulations or are unfair to other participants (for example, the use of automated equipment to enter the giveaway, hacking and so on) or that are offensive or defamatory. Such persons may be referred to the proper legal authorities.
Prizes Must Be Accepted As-Is
The prize must be accepted as awarded, with no guarantee, and cannot be exchanged for a different prize or for money, transferred to another person, or combined with any other offer. The NCC reserves the right, with no restriction, to replace the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
Participants Must Comply With Giveaway Rules
By participating in this giveaway, all participants accept the rules and regulations as described herein, and any decision rendered by the NCC, which is final and without appeal.
Release From Liability
By participating in this giveaway, participants hereby release and hold harmless the NCC from any and all liability associated with this giveaway.
Participants in this giveaway are providing their information to the NCC.
The NCC is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors contained in any document related to this giveaway.
The NCC, its employees, agents, consultants, directors, partners, suppliers and representatives are released from all responsibility related to the malfunction of any computer component, application or any communication line; related to the loss or absence of the communication network; or related to any transmissions that are faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted by any computer or network that could impede or limit the possibility of any person participating in this giveaway, and are also released from all responsibility for any damage or loss that could result directly or indirectly, all or in part, from the downloading of any Internet page or application and by the transmission of any information related to entering this giveaway.
The NCC shall not be responsible for any failure of the website or the Instagram app during the promotion or for any problem with or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer online system, server, access provider, computer equipment, software; or the failure of any email, online or Internet entry to be received by the NCC. In addition, the NCC shall not be responsible for any technical problem, traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The NCC reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel or suspend this giveaway should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the NCC corrupt the security or proper administration of the giveaway.
By participating in this giveaway, any participant selected to be awarded the prize package absolves the NCC, and anyone for whom the NCC is responsible, of all responsibility for any damages they may suffer as a result of accepting or using the prize.
Permission to Use Winner’s Name
By participating in the giveaway, the winner accepts that their username and full name will be used for promotional purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) for this giveaway, without any other form of remuneration than the prize awarded.
The name of the winner will be announced on the NCC Instagram account. However, it will be announced only once the winner has been contacted by the NCC and their eligibility has been confirmed.
In no case shall the information provided by the participant, with the exception of the participant’s Instagram username and full name, be shared with a third party.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.