Celebrate your first winter in Canada’s Capital Region! The NCC is organizing a winter carnival for newcomers to the Capital to discover the joys of winter.
- Learn to play ball hockey
- Snowshoe in the forest
- Slide down a snowy hill
- Sample traditional winter treats
Discover the joys of Canadian winter, one activity at a time! Spend an afternoon in the great outdoors, and enjoy the beauty of Gatineau Park with other newcomers to Canada.
When & Where
February 22 and 23, from 1 pm to 4 pm
Gatineau Park Visitor Centre
33 Scott Road, Chelsea, Quebec J9B 1R5
Free admission and shuttle bus
Buses will depart from various locations in Ottawa and Gatineau.*
* Details of exact pickup locations and times will be provided to each participant upon reserving.
- Saint Laurent Shopping Centre
- Recommended parking: Parking 4 and 5 (facing Toys R Us)
- Tunney’s Pasture (main building)
- Recommended parking: Visitor parkings located on Eglantine, Colombine and Sorrel roads.
- ByWard Market (by the Totem Pole next to Librairie du Soleil)
- Recommended parking: Along Saint Patrick, Murray, Clarence, Guigues or other roads. Paid options are also available.
- Robert Guertin Centre
- Recommended parking: P5
Make sure you dress warmly (toque, mittens, scarf, snow pants, winter coat, and warm boots) for a winter afternoon outside. And don’t forget to pack a lunch or some snacks. There are no dining options at the Visitor Centre. Snowshoes and other equipment will be provided free of charge.
Reservations are open until February 7.
613-943-8343 or PCH.reservations-reservations.PCH@canada.ca
*Please specify your preferred date (February 22 or 23) when reserving. Spaces for the shuttle and activity are limited.