You are invited to the NCC’s first annual Regional Sustainability Workshop!
Please join us online as we present the past year’s accomplishments and progress made under the NCC’s Sustainable Development Strategy. The focus will be to present the recently launched “Climate Projections for the National Capital Region” report.
This webinar is an opportunity to learn about the results of the projections, ask the experts questions, and share ideas about how we can work collaboratively to reduce the impacts of climate change on the National Capital Region.
We want to hear from you about how we can build new partnerships and leverage existing ones to help each other adapt to climate change, and continue to build a more sustainable National Capital Region together.
Thursday, July 16
10 am–11:30 am
Online, using Microsoft Teams (Only an Internet connection is required; no download is necessary.)
- Present recent accomplishments and progress under the NCC’s Sustainable Development Strategy.
- Present key results for climate projections for the National Capital Region.
- Provide an opportunity for regional partners to ask the consultant questions about the methods and results.
- Explain how these data will be used to complete a climate risk and vulnerability assessment.
- Share ideas for potential partnerships and regional solutions to address climate impacts and risks.
10 am Welcome and introductions
10:15 am Context for the climate projections study
10:25 am Presentation by CBCL Ltd. on climate projections
10:45 am Questions for CBCL Ltd.
11:00 am Next steps for Ottawa and Gatineau
11:05 am Sharing of ideas for joint initiatives/collaboration.
11:25 am Wrap-up
Confirmation of your participation would be appreciated by July 13.
If you feel that another member of your organization would be a more appropriate contact for this event, please feel free to redirect this invitation.
If you have any questions, please contact Emily Rideout, Officer, Sustainable Development Programs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.