The Fairbairn House Heritage Centre is celebrating the fall harvest. Join us at this charming heritage home in Wakefield. Learn more about local products, and enjoy watching various demonstrations and performances. A great way to have fun as a family!
Take the opportunity to explore the village shops or to spend time on a local terrace at the end of the day. The reflection of colourful trees on the water with the famous covered bridge in the background make a perfect scene for your fall photos.
- Ice-cream-making workshop (1 pm)
- Performance by Tractor, a folk-rock band from Wakefield (2 pm)
- Butter-making workshop (3 pm)
- Cattail mat weaving workshop
- Cider press demonstration (Ferme et Forêt)
- Pumpkin painting ($)
- Local products available for tasting and purchase (Quebec Association for Independent Living and Ferme et Forêt)
Parking is very limited at the Fairbairn House. We encourage you to park at the Wakefield Community Centre and take the free shuttle provided by the Municipality of La Pêche. The Wakefield Market, at the community centre, is also open in the morning — an excellent place to start your day!
Information819-827-2020 or 1-866-456-3016 (toll-free)
Activities and parking are free. Directions.
Organized by the Fairbairn House Heritage Centre, in partnership with the Municipality of La Pêche and the NCC.