On July 1, 2023, celebrate Canada Day in the country, at the Mackenzie King Estate. Join us for family activities and music. Parking is free and a giant birthday cake will be served.
- Giant birthday cake
- Sons of Scotland: 20-minute performance at 1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm
Ongoing activities (10 am to 5 pm)
- Kids corner
- Interactive colouring wall
- Old-fashioned lawn games
- Tour of the cottages (museums)
- Walk through the gardens, ruins and wooded paths
Evening activities (7 pm to 10 pm)
- The Haunted Walk: June 23 to October 28, from 7 pm to 10 pm every Friday and Saturday. There are fees associated with this event.
On July 1 only, all day, free parking in Gatineau Park, including parking lot
P6 (Mackenzie King Estate). Please note that the Gatineau Park parkways are reserved for active use until noon on weekends.
Did you know?
Three days after the Canadian Citizenship Act came into force, Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King became the very first Canadian citizen, along with 25 other people. He began our country's first-ever citizenship ceremony with the words, “I speak to you as a citizen of Canada.”