As of Friday, June 15, residents and visitors will be able to enjoy the O’Brien, Blanchet, Breton, Parent and La Pêche Lake beaches from 10 am to 6 pm and Leamy Lake beach from 10 am to 7 pm. Lifeguards will be on duty during these hours. Various facilities such as washrooms, change rooms and picnic tables will also be available.
Smith Beach is accessible only to those staying at the Philippe Lake campground.
The NCC urges beach-goers to be cautious and keep personal safety in mind. Swimmers must respect the designated hours when the beaches are supervised, and stay within the swimming areas marked by buoys.
Water sample testing results
Water sample tests taken on June 5, 2018, at the following beaches meet bacteriological standards for swimming.
- Meech Lake, Gatineau Park
O’Brien Beach: Class A (excellent for swimming)
Blanchet Beach: Class A (excellent for swimming)
- Philippe Lake, Gatineau Park
Breton Beach: Class A (excellent for swimming)
Parent Beach: Class A (excellent for swimming)
Smith Beach (for campers only): Class A (excellent for swimming)
- La Pêche Lake, Gatineau Park
La Pêche Lake beach: Class A (excellent for swimming)
- Leamy Lake
Leamy Lake beach: Class B (good for swimming)
- For beaches at Meech Lake (June 15 to September 3, 2018, 9 am to 7 pm): $12 per vehicle; $35 per mini-bus; $58 per bus; half rate after 3 pm.
- Leamy Lake Park (June 15 to September 3, 2018, 7 am to 10 pm): $1.50/30 minutes; $9 maximum/daily per vehicle; $25/day per mini-bus.
- Philippe and La Pêche lakes (June 15 to September 3, 2018, 8 am to 8 pm): $12 per vehicle; $35 per mini-bus; $58 per bus; half rate after 5 pm.
Season parking pass
A season parking pass includes access to all beaches in Gatineau Park, the parking lot at Leamy Lake Park and the Mackenzie King Estate parking lot. Season parking pass holders may register up to two vehicles on the same pass—available in-person at the Visitor Centre and online.
$80* for a season pass
(* plus $5 fee to activate new card)
Canoes, kayaks and other non-motorized boats are available for rent at both Philippe and La Pêche lakes.
Breton Beach has a wheelchair access ramp into the water. A chair lift is also available.
Large groups wishing to visit Gatineau Park’s beaches should contact the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre prior to their visit to ensure that they receive important information and tips for the best possible experience. To notify the Visitor Centre, group leaders can call 819-827-2020.