Gatineau Park Visitor Centre
The Gatineau Park Visitor Centre is located in Chelsea. Information officers are on-site to provide helpful tips and advice. You’ll also find an exhibition on ecosystems, as well as passes, maps and souvenirs for sale, washrooms, a water fountain, a meeting room and a dining room. Free Wi-Fi. Accessible.
Visitor Centre Hours
May 1 to October 31
Daily, 9 am to 5 pm
November 1 to April 30
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 5 pm
Closed on December 25
Extended hours from December 26, 2019 to January 3, 2020: 9 am to 5 pm
33 Scott Road, Chelsea, Quebec J9B 1R5
819-827-2020 or 1-866-456-3016 (toll-free)
TTY: 613-239-5090 or 1-866-661-3530 (toll-free)
Emergency line (24 hours): 613-239-5353
From mid-May to the last Sunday in October, roads and parkways in Gatineau Park are open to motor vehicles.
During this period, the parkways are closed to motor vehicles as follows:
- Every night, 30 minutes after sunset (Gatineau, Champlain and Fortune Lake parkways)
- Saturday and Sunday mornings for Short Loops (Gatineau Parkway only)
- Sunday mornings for NOKIA Sunday Bikedays
- Tuesday and Thursday nights (Gatineau Parkway)
From the last Sunday in October to mid-May, the parkways are closed and used as cross-country ski trails.
Municipal roads such as Chemin du Lac-Meech, Kingsmere Road, Swamp Road and Barnes Road remain open year-round.
- Attention: Rehabilitation work and addition of bike lanes in both directions on de la Mine Road.
- Notice: As of Spring 2021, after the Municipality of Chelsea has repaired the Meech Lake Road between Gatineau Park lots P8 and P9, the NCC will permanently dedicate the North Loop to non-motorized forms of transportation.
Click here for more detailed information about parkway closures.