The National Capital Commission (NCC) invites you to attend a public consultation on the renewal of the NCC’s environmental strategy. At this open house event, we will
- present the NCC’s mandate and responsibilities
- gather your ideas and comments about the NCC’s future environmental priorities and renewal of the strategy
- answer any questions you may have.
In 2009, the NCC launched its first corporate environmental strategy, entitled Building a Greener Capital. This strategy, which expires in March 2018, outlines ambitious goals and objectives in five action areas.
Many successes have been recorded throughout the implementation of the environmental strategy, including the following:
- the implementation of green demolition practices that diverted over 90 percent of project waste from landfills
- the designation of all 28 of the NCC’s high-value ecosystems as conservation lands
- the reduction of waste from the Rideau Canal Skateway by 93 percent since 2010
- the elimination of cosmetic pesticides on NCC lands
- the implementation of a number of energy efficiency projects that have contributed to a 5 percent reduction in the NCC’s overall emissions.
A second series of public consultations will be held in winter 2018 to obtain public feedback on targets and action plans developed to reach the goals of the NCC’s new environmental strategy.
For more details about the current environmental strategy, see the NCC’s environmental strategy 2009–2017.
Universally accessible. Please let us know if you have any special needs.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.
Telephone: 613-239-5000 or 1-800-465-1867 (toll-free) TTY: 613-239-5090 or 1-866-661-3530 (toll-free) Fax: 613-239-5063 Email: email@example.com